Friday, February 26, 2016

LET’S DO THIS!!!






I had so many thoughts on ways to handle this dilemma. Of course Gee opted for the easiest which was for me to have an abortion which I considered. I booked an appointment to have the procedure done but on the fateful day fear no allow me reach the hospital lol. I knew like I knew my name that this child would bring me happiness and open my eyes to a lot things.

So for me the baby was a keeper, Gee had to get his head around it. Of course I couldn’t tell my parents directly so I had to go through my elder brother, who broke the news to my mum (who was at the time doing omugwo for my elder sister). My mum was heartbroken and she couldn’t even imagine breaking that kind of news to my dad, so we pushed my elder brother forward as per first son of the house hehe… My dad was beyond heartbroken, he took it even harder than my mum. Fortunately for me I was away from home so I was to an extent shielded from experiencing the hurt I had caused to my family.

My dad an Elder in his church and my mum a Deaconess… How will they show their faces in public?  In church? What kind of advice will they be able to give people? Oh No! What have I done??? The reality of the implications began to set in gradually as it took over a month to get my dad to speak to me. He was devastated, beyond broken.

Back here Gee was struggling to break the news to his folks, he finally did and they were livid! I couldn’t understand why they were so upset and I was told I had cheated myself. Nine months later I had my healthy handsome baby boy and thankfully I had my mum around to look after us.
Plans for marriage to Gee crumbled like a stack of cards, a lot of water passed under the bridge and certain experiences (story for another day) led me to make the ultimate decision to end the relationship. Let’s just say I was miserable.

Due to my many experiences, I had to move back to Naija…Hmmm. Where will I even begin? The plenty talks? Our culture? How will I cope? I had to prepare myself mentally, emotionally and physically for the change. All the people who will be willing to offer free unsolicited advice Chei!


I knew I was in for a long ride…

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwww.... i cant only relate because of movies i have seen. I took in for my last ex, but wasnt strong enough to pull through, i knew in a way my family would hv stood by me, but even the ex wasnt ready and he pleaded...i guess i was too carried away to even think about the baby in me..i took it out. if there's one thing i regret is an abortion.Me and the ex didnt last another year after d incident before the split.... The Lord will be your strength and i pray your son grows up to be the best amongst his peers...i will be reading your blog story henceforth and will support you here...

    Kind Regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Dbabe... Alot of ladies go what we went through at one point in their lives but I think ultimately we tend to do what seems convenient at the point. I wont lie, keeping the baby was the hardest decision i have had to make in my life and I am still going through situations as a result but in all I know I have grown tremendously.
      I will keep sharing my experiences with the world, I'm sure it will strengthen and encourage ladies out there...

      Delete