Thursday, February 25, 2016

Oh! My Life is Ruined!!!




Life was going on as planned.. Bsc (Check!), Msc (Check!), Relationship (check!) Just started a new job in one of the biggest banks in the world, I was so excited and proud!!! Now my parents can brag to their friends about how their youngest daughter is doing so well in a foreign man's land. I have always been one who took pride in achievements which earned me respect in any form or manner, I even got a promotion just 5 weeks into the job, I was in a good place!

Two months after starting my new job, ME! the one who was supposed to bring pride to my family, the brainy daughter, the first class material  ( errrmm almost lol), the one who was considered proactive.....I was Pregnant!!! Waaohhh!! Talk about disappointment of the century, I was only 23. I wasn't even sure which disappointment ranked higher for me... Disappointment to my family, Church (I was a worker in church), friends or colleagues ...Chai! 


How would I face life, my family, friends ... Me that my mouth was quick to yab people, I will become the 'yabee'...The gossip??? I couldn't even start to think of the kinds of things that would come out of people's mouths... Is she stupid? Is she a child? Is she a learner? when she was doing it she didn't know abi? 


My only consolation was that my boyfriend of 8 years (who I will call Gee on this blog) will stand by me through thick and thin Or so i thought. 


This was the genesis of my chronicles ... Where do i run to? Am i ready for this kind of responsibility? Oh maybe me and Gee will quickly get married and hide the shame? Should I get an abortion (but that will be a sin as if fornication isn't one) ... Ewo!! My life is ruined!!!


Ladies...Share the genesis of your life changing experience, we would love to hear your interesting stories

No comments:

Post a Comment